My sweet friend Cheryl who blogs over at Live Fit Daily must have known that I needed a big kick in the blogging booty because she just tagged me in a really cool past that encouraged me to participate and post also.
The following is the lowdown on this post. Thanks, Cheryl, for the tag which really was a good encouragement for me.
Post these rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things (that you may or may not know) About Me:
- When I use eggs from the carton, I have to situate the remaining eggs so that they “balance” in the carton. It drives me crazy when eggs are all messed up in the carton.
- I have a preference for even numbers. I don’t know why, but I do. Go back to the egg thing — an uneven number of eggs in the carton makes ‘balancing” it difficult. Even numbers are just more friendly. Or, that’s my theory, anyway. 🙂
- I am a born and raised country girl and I am proud of that. My grandparents live on 50 acres and many of my fondest memories involve being outside on their land. Riding our horse, learning to swim in their pond, rambling all over the place on ATVs and more. Country living definitely has its appeal and has a place in my heart forever.
- I can pinch with my toes. If you don’t believe me, ask Mickey.
- I moved to the ATL area by myself in 1998 with very little cash on hand and no savings account to back me up. I made it. I had help along the way from awesome family, friends and employers and I MADE IT.
- I have to sleep under covers – even if it’s hot. I like my covers piled on and I prefer the room to be cool so that I can be snuggly warm underneath them.
- I get teary any time I see my girls in a school activity or performance. When I see them day to day at school, I’m fine, but let them get some kind of award or have a performance and the knot in my throat is crazy big.
- I have never figured out how to make a proper omelet. I want to know how, but I cannot get it, for the live of me.
- I laugh like a hyena at any commercial, video or show with animal humor. The AFLAC duck still slays me.
- I read all three books of the Hunger Games triology and I don’t get all the fuss. It was well written, but the subject matter is crazy dark and I just don’t get the mass appeal. (No one throw rocks at me.)
- I am late starting dinner because I have been working on this post. LOL!
My questions from Cheryl:
- If you could only eat one food in life, what would it be? Are you kidding me?! Yikes. I guess I would have to say pizza because I could at least vary toppings, maybe? That’s a hard one.
- If you could pick, what town would you live in? Love the area we are in, actually. Don’t want to move from this area. But, if we moved somewhere big, I’d probably pick San Diego for the climate.
- Salty or sweet? Another difficult one. I like a good combo of the two – my favorite movie theater snack is popcorn and Goobers. Mostly, I choose sweet, but there are times when I just “need” some good old salty chips.
- What is your current favorite blog or website? Facebook is the one I’m on the most.
- Do you like your pictures in black and white or color? While I do like black/white photos, I prefer color because that is how the photographed moment happened. I also prefer very minimal or no editing at all. I like photos that are natural.
- What is your favorite way to exercise? Lifting weights, actually. I love knowing I’m getting stronger and building muscle that burns calories. Favorite group class is ZUMBA!
- The Today Show or Good Morning America? Used to be Today Show, but now it’s GMA, if anything.
- When it’s all over, what you like most to be known for? I want people to see my faith in God and my love for my family and friends above all else.
- Name a concert that you have always wanted to be on the front row for. Well, we’ve been front row a couple of times. I’d LOVE to be front row when Garth Brooks goes back out on tour in a few years.
- How many hours of sleep is perfect for you? 9-10, no joke.
- What is one thing you could never give up or live without? (besides your family) I think that faith and friends also fall under “given”, so I’m going with music. I just love music. It inspires me. So, that’s my choice.
My questions for you…
- If you drink coffee, what do you take in it? And, if you don’t drink coffee, WHY NOT?!
- What was your first automobile?
- If you could win any all-expense paid vacation to take next week, where would you go?
- What is the last movie you saw?
- If you had to choose ONE of these, would you live in a place where it’s always winter (cold!) or always summer (hot!)?
- What is the first word that comes to mind when asked to describe yourself?
- What is your favorite song right now?
- If you won a big sum of money, what is one charity that you would donate to immediately?
- Which flavor of Girl Scout Cookies do you prefer?
- Recommend a book to me.
- Paper or plastic?
Tagging the following:
- Keli at Kidnapped by Suburbia
- Emily at West of the Loop
- Annie at Ramblations
- Jawan at The McGinnis Message
- Debbie at Southern Accents
- Ali at In Her Words
- Michelle at Wife and Mommy
- And…ANYONE else that wants to do this. Come on, it’s fun!